Watkins Kent’s Storage Checklist and Tips is a must-read when moving into a storage facility. You’ll find advice on everything, from moving and storage tips, to storage packing tips, and even tips on preparing your furniture for storage. Our checklist will arm you with all the information you need to not only find secure and safe storage that provides great value-for-money, but also how to maximise that storage space.
As an industry-leader in the removals and storage sector for over 70 years, we know exactly how to store your treasures to keep them safe and sound.
If you follow our Storage Checklist and Tips, you can rest easy, knowing that your belongings will remain safe and secure while in storage. Our expert storage advice includes:
- Start by creating an inventory of your belongings, so you have an accurate idea of the amount of storage space you will require and the type of storage that best suit your needs. The first step in creating this inventory should be decisions about exactly which items you will store, what you intend to move, and what you will sell, donate or throw away
- Find a storage company that is reputable and will provide you with an excellent service at a competitive price. The best way to do this is to source quotes from multiple suppliers, ensuring that you are comparing like for like services
- Visit the storage facility, before moving your treasures in, to ensure it is:
- Capable of protecting your belongings from mould and mildew
- Designed to keep out vermin and pests
- Fitted with climate control technology
- Fitted out with a sophisticated CCTV and security system that will protect your storage space from unauthorised entry
- Monitored for fire and has control systems that can respond to fire
- Situated in an area that is not susceptible to flooding.
- Removals and storage insurance is important in ensuring that your treasures enjoy the coverage that standard home and contents insurance generally won’t offer
- Helpful packing tips for storage:
- Research the types of items that are prohibited from being stored, such as certain foods and dangerous items
- Prepare your whitegoods for storage, defrost freezers and thoroughly clean other appliances
- Remove batteries from all battery operated items in case leakages occur
- Eliminate fire hazards by draining fuel and oil from all motorised equipment, such as lawn mowers and motorbikes.
- Valuable storage unit packing tips:
- Keep your treasures safe from rain and spills by using pallets to keep them off the floor
- Find a quality, all-weather padlock with a short arm. It’s a good idea to spend some money on this item, as it is what will protect your valuables from unauthorised entry. The short-arm means bolt-cutters can’t be used, giving you another layer of protection.
This is just a small sample of what you can expect from Watkins Kent’s Storage Checklist and Tips. It has been created by leaders in the industry who understand how to keep your treasures safe, and to give you peace of mind. Download your copy today.