When you first begin researching moving companies, you’ll quickly realise that there are range of removalists to choose from. To help make the process easy, we’ve created a short guide to choosing a reputable moving company.
With more than one million happy customers entrusting us with their move, Watkins Kent understand exactly what it takes to operate a successful and reputable moving company.
It is important to know that the moving company you choose, will move your belongings with the utmost care. Keep these handy hints in mind when searching for your moving company.
Choosing A Moving Company – Top Tips
- Training and Experience. All professional removalists should undergo extensive, regular training. Moving can be dangerous, especially if there are inexperienced or untrained removalists on the job. Avoid damage to your treasures and danger to your personal safety by choosing a moving company that provides a highly trained removals team.
- Accreditations. It’s important that a moving company is licensed and accredited by industry-leading bodies such as AFRA, and the Australian International Movers Association. Reputable removalists will also have detailed policies and procedures in place to prove operational compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations, predominantly Occupational Health and Safety, and Quality Assurance Policies.
- Methods of Payment. If a moving company requests payment in cash only, this should raise caution. Removalists that only accept cash could be operating outside the realms of the law. They might not have proper licensing and accreditation. It is also much more difficult to organise refunds, rebates and insurance claims via moving companies that only accept payment in cash as there is no paper trail of your transaction.
- Free Moving Quotes. A trusted mover will be more than happy to visit your home to assess the volume of the goods you wish to move, and provide you with a free, no-obligation removalist quote. A free quote and in-home visit proves that the moving company is prepared to do everything it can to ensure there are no unexpected surprises and holdups come moving day.
- Customer Reviews. For added peace of mind, a reputable moving company will happily share positive reviews from prior customers with you. If you’re still unsure, positive comments should be available online via third party review websites like Product Review to support this.
- Workers’ Compensation and Public Liability Insurance. A reputable moving company will have workers’ compensation available to its employees, as they care about their employees. Public Liability Insurance ensures that you or any other third party will be compensated if you suffer an injury or property damage as a result of any action undertaken by the mover. If your removalist fails to obtain Public Liability Insurance, you may have to pay your own medical bills if anything goes wrong.
- Moving and Storage Insurance. Ensure that moving and storage insurance is offered by the moving company you choose. Companies that don’t, often aren’t confident in their ability to move and store your treasures safely and securely. A reputable mover will make a range of policy options available, and tailor to suit your specific needs, for added peace of mind.
- Cancellation Policy. A removalist that cares about its customers will understand that unavoidable circumstances can occur, and you may have to cancel your move due. They will be only too happy to accommodate your needs, even at late notice.
For further information, visit Moving Companies of Choice.